Incorrect caller-id number while calling outbound.

We have been allocated three ranges of DIDs corresponding each PRI line
say 0/0/0 for 1XXX, 0/1/0 for 2XXX and 0/0/1 for 3XXX
The way I was using to show the correct DID in outbound calls is via local route group, of course I was using MGCP then.
I recently moved from MGCP to H323 because of its cliched L3 issues causing rigorous call drop.
After this change, I started facing the same issue with calling number again.
Let me summarize here the fix I applied- it might look mussy!

I created three partitions epitomizing my DID range say
pt-1XXX
pt-2XXX
pt-3XXX

Then I copied my route pattern for local/national/international and emergency numbers three times with these partitions like
RP_9.T with pt-1XXX
RP_9.T with pt-2XXX
RP_9.T with pt-3XXX

It will also require route list, corresponding each route pattern.
In this route list, I defined calling number party mask as the full DID and discarding pre-dot digit replacing it with a unique digit.
Like-
RL_1XXX has calling party mask as 8324561XXX with discard per-dot and prefix digit (outbound call) as 2
meaning 9.8324561XXX will be replaced as 28324561XXX

dial-peer voice 208 pots
 description **National outbound calls POTS leg**
 destination-pattern 2T
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/0/0:15
 forward-digits 11

Create three corresponding CSS as well and allocate it to the users using 1XXX extensions.
CSS-1XXX will contain pt-1XXX
CSS-2XXX will contain pt-2XXX
CSS-3XXX will contain pt-3XXX

This way we are routing the call from the concerned PRI line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Status: Local Agent is not responding. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down.

Understanding code yellow